Trailing to fun with friends - The Metal Hip Club attempt the Northern Tier. - CycleBlaze

July 28, 2021

Trailing to fun with friends

Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0

After a couple of easy and rest days, today is expected to be a normal day. It is also the first day riding with Doug. We got an early start and went to the C-store  for breakfast.   We got rolling on small roads. You know you are on a good road when it is called Lakeshore Drive. It was a bit rolling at first with a couple good climbs.  After a few miles it flattened out and went through woods and around a lake. After 10 miles we reached the town of Pentwater, Mi.  The last time I was in Pentwater was 50 years ago on a family camping vacation. The place has changed (not that I remember what it looked like 50 years ago). After 20 miles we got to the town of Hart which is the start of the Hart-Montague bike trail. This was an excellent trail, a very smooth trail that goes through woods.  We were able to click up the speed a bit and started making good time.   We stopped for a great lunch in Whitehall. We had soup and deli sandwiches. We had 14 miles left to get to our destination. The 14 miles took another hour and a half and we stopped our riding by 2 pm. 

Tonight we are staying with friends we met in Mesa, Az. Paul & Kris have a super nice house right on Bear Lake.   We took showers and then Paul & Kris took us on a boat ride. We were able to get to Lake Michigan in the boat.   On the way back we stopped at a diner for dinner.   We spent the rest of the evening doing laundry and visiting.  It has been oneof the best evenings of the trip. 

Tomorrow we are going to Grand Rapids. 

Leaving the hotel
Heart 0 Comment 0
Official Doug tour portrait
Heart 0 Comment 0
Early start
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
On the trail
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Paul & Kris. Our gracious hosts.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Kris & Ross
Heart 0 Comment 0
Nice home for the night.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Boat ride to Lake Michigan.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 64 miles (103 km)
Total: 2,571 miles (4,138 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 6
Comment on this entry Comment 0