Homes by the lake - The Metal Hip Club attempt the Northern Tier. - CycleBlaze

August 5, 2021

Homes by the lake

Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today we are going to ride along the shoreline of Lake Erie to Cleveland.  It is going to be a sunny warm day with no wind, perfect day for bike riding.  We get rolling around 8:30 and headed east on the road to Cleveland. The road was very nice with low traffic and a nice shoulder. The road followed the shore line the entire way. We were able to do something that we love to do while on bike tours. We love to look at houses as we ride and daydream about owning the nice houses.  Today there were lots and lots of very nice houses on the shoreline road. We kept turning our heads left to look at houses and hitting bumps in the road. I got a couple of pictures but there were too many really nice houses.  If I took a picture of each one I still would be riding. 

The road deteriorated and the traffic picked up the closer we got to downtown Cleveland. We had to stop looking at houses and concentrate on navigating and surviving. Ross did another excellent job of getting us into downtown Cleveland. We have a hotel room for the night. We cleaned up and got something to eat. Then we did the most touristy thing you can do in Cleveland, we went to the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame. We had a good time checking out all the exhibits. Afterwards we walked around taking pictures and then went to dinner. Cleveland is a very nice town and I enjoyed my first visit. 

Tomorrow and the next day are going to be a bit problematic. It is a weekend in a very resorty area. We are having problems finding a place to stay. I will let you know tomorrow how we resolve this issue. 

Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Nice houses on Lake Erie.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Cleveland.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
We strolled next to Cleveland Browns stadium.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Plaque on Rockefeller building in downtown Cleveland
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 52 miles (84 km)
Total: 3,008 miles (4,841 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 2
Comment on this entry Comment 0