Goodbye Ohio, hello Pennsylvania - The Metal Hip Club attempt the Northern Tier. - CycleBlaze

August 7, 2021

Goodbye Ohio, hello Pennsylvania

Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0

We started our day riding back 8 miles to the route. The good thing is that there was a paved trail that was downhill that took us most of the way to the route. We enjoyed our ride on the trail in the cool morning air. Getting into town we briefly stopped at a C-store for some breakfast snacks. The ride today was mostly on state route 531 which was a great road to ride. In fact the entire day the road was really good with a wide smooth shoulder and little traffic. The day was a hot sticky day with highs in the mid-90’s. The first half of the ride closely followed the shore of Lake Erie. After riding 23 miles we took a short break in the last town in Ohio, Conneaut.   We took a break across the street of a Dollar General store. I must say that I think Dollar General stores are taking over America. In every town, in every state there is a Dollar General store.  They are in the middle of nowhere many times. They are much more prolific than Walmarts. 

After the break we went looking for the Pennsylvania state sign so we can get a picture of entering the new state. After the picture we concentrated on getting the last miles completed. We rode consistently and got into Erie, Pa around 1 pm. We had a hotel reservation so we had none of the drama of the previous day. 

Tomorrow we are going to the town of Dunkirk and the next day we will go to Niagara Falls. 

Ross leading the way on the morning bike trail.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Bike path to start the day.
Heart 0 Comment 0
A cute little house on Lake Erie
Heart 0 Comment 0
One of the many, many , many Dollar Generals we have seen across the country.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Entering Pennsylvania
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 50 miles (80 km)
Total: 3,125 miles (5,029 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 3
Comment on this entry Comment 0