An evening social engagement - The Metal Hip Club attempt the Northern Tier. - CycleBlaze

August 14, 2021

An evening social engagement

Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0

After the party site last night we woke up tired.  We packed up quickly and rode 2 miles to a diner to have breakfast. The weather was sunny and the humidity was much lower. We had another short day planned and we were staying in another state park. The ride was nice as we rode on nice quiet county roads. We stopped at an ice cream shop that was at the entrance to the state park. We had a malt and a root beer float and they were really good. We went to the state park and our site was very nice. As we were setting up a lady (Tammy) comes over and tells us she and her husband rode across the country in 3 stages over 3 years. A little while later her husband (Terry) comes over and we talk more about bike tours of the past. He invites us to come by the campfire tonight and share some drinks and more stories.   Our dinner plans is to walk to the restaurant at the state park entrance which is 1.5 miles away. As we are cleaning up camp Terry drives up and said he would drive us to the restaurant. We accept and meet more of the family. We have a nice dinner and walk back to the camp site. We go over to Terry and Tammy’s site and sit around the camp fire for a couple of hours. We talked about bike touring and past rides. Terry has a large group of friends that goes on tour with him over the years.  They have mostly done supported tours where they have a trailer following them. We had an excellent time and really enjoyed sharing stories with Terry and his family. We went to bed a little earlier  and it was a fairly quiet campground so we slept good. 

On the road
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Night view of campsite.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 41 miles (66 km)
Total: 3,463 miles (5,573 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 3
Comment on this entry Comment 0