On Our Bikes To Truro - Canadian Maritimes June 2023 - CycleBlaze

June 4, 2023

On Our Bikes To Truro

FINALLY!

A little confusing start to the day! We were leaving our car in Goff so had to work out what went on our bikes, what went in the support vehicle, and what of our over packed stuff we could just leave in the car. Then getting our bikes set for a first ride and figuring our the layers of clothes we would need for a cold rainy day.  Then we were off. 

No bike paths today. Mostly back country paved roads (with a few dirt sections) but minimal traffic. Drivers are very nice and make sure there is nothing coming the other way when they pass us using the other lane.  It was very rural - a few small towns with a gas station/convenience store where we could get a snack and use a bathroom. Basically a cold wet day but good to be on the bikes.

We are staying at a dorm at Dalhousie Agricultural College (we stayed at Dalhousie in Halifax) This was a bit older but warm and clean and we had a great Thai dinner in Truro.

Every evening the whole group meets so Nancy and Ken can fill us in on the next day's schedule, routes, and where we'll stay and eat. What time we'll bring bags to the support vehicle, have breakfast and head out. This was our meeting at Dalhousie Ag College.
Heart 1 Comment 0

Today's ride: 47 miles (76 km)
Total: 47 miles (76 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 4
Comment on this entry Comment 0