And on to Cape Breton - Canadian Maritimes June 2023 - CycleBlaze

June 7, 2023

And on to Cape Breton

A short but HILLY ride along the coast

Today we climbed a total of 1750 feet on a ride Google called relatively flat. Not Quite! But it was a ride along the shore with small country homes and good views. The weather was slightly better. Only a few short rain showers, a mild  head wind the last few miles and still quite cold. Not the best but getting better. 

The ride ended on a causeway and short bridge on a main highway with smaillish shoulders. I was nervous about it but saw a share the road sign before we went onto the causeway which made me feel like it was meant to be a biking access to New Breton. It was fine. The drivers veered way clear of us and there really wasn't heavy traffic. It was way easier than I had anticipated. 

We're in one of Nancy's classic roadside motels with a restaurant attached so once here it was easy. It;s a very nice motel and a nice change from chain motels.

Nice to see this mother and colt out in the sort of sun.
Heart 1 Comment 0
My standard journal feathure: People We Meet! If we spend a few moments with someone beyond a simple hello or thanks or other one worder. If we learn about the area or some interesting fact, I ask to take their picture for my journal and their name. This man said his name is McNeal. Youcan see how misty/foggy it was so it looks out of focus but is not.
Heart 0 Comment 0
A cute setup at the entrance to a driveway. The cute light house and buoys hanging from a tree. That's Nancy and me posing for the photo shoot.
Heart 2 Comment 0

Today's ride: 36 miles (58 km)
Total: 127 miles (204 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 3
Comment on this entry Comment 0