Mandalay Gallery of Photos - Unmettled Roads - CycleBlaze

Mandalay Gallery of Photos

Our buffet breakfast included at the Diamond Rise Hotel in Mandalay was one of the best breakfasts I've ever had in Asia. At $19 for a great room with a great view of the city from the 9th floor, it was quite a bargain.
Heart 6 Comment 0
This is a normal sight in every other street in Mandalay.
Heart 7 Comment 0
The nuts and bolts store. We needed a couple of washers and the owner just waved us off and didn't want any money. I love the display.
Heart 8 Comment 2
Scott AndersonIt’s so tidy! It looks like the bolts in some of those little bins have been arranged by hand.
Reply to this comment
4 years ago
Ron SuchanekI love that!
Reply to this comment
4 years ago
I also love the many tea houses in Myanmar. When we are looking for one we try to find the ones that still have little wooden (teak) stools painted wonderful colors with probably quite toxic paint. This one had particularly nice stools.
Heart 7 Comment 1
Kat MarrinerReally love this one. And I’d love to meet you guys there for a cup of tea.
Reply to this comment
4 years ago
A really nice tea house. The tea is more like coffee with sweetened condensed milk added. We have to have a couple each day. It's also a nice break because things slow way down in tea houses and everyone seems very relaxed in them - unless there is a soccer game on the television.
Heart 7 Comment 0
We are now finally seeing some women in tea houses too.
Heart 8 Comment 1
Kat MarrinerTimes they are a changing!
Reply to this comment
4 years ago
The marble carving area gets really dusty from marble dust.
Heart 6 Comment 3
Scott AndersonAndrea? Oh, yes. I recognize the helmet and matching gloves.
Reply to this comment
4 years ago
Marsha HanchrowCould you be convinced to wear a respirator? I commuted in one (3M half face, covers nose and mouth) during our forest fire summer, until I gave up and took the bus.
Reply to this comment
4 years ago
Andrea BrownI have one with me and wore it the other evening in the dust. We were just rolling through this neighborhood and I quickly moved on and waited ahead of Bruce.
Reply to this comment
4 years ago
Heart 7 Comment 2
Ron SuchanekThat big one to her right would look good in your garden. If you get some straps you can load it on the Bike Friday.
Reply to this comment
4 years ago
Bruce LellmanTo Ron SuchanekBelieve me, I thought about it.
Reply to this comment
4 years ago
Heart 7 Comment 0
Shwe Nan Daw Monastery
Heart 7 Comment 0
Shwe Nan Daw Monastery
Heart 9 Comment 1
Kristen ArnimSuch a beautiful shot.
Reply to this comment
4 years ago
Shwe In Pin Monastery 1895 These few old wooden monasteries in Mandalay are exquisitely carved inside and out. The only reason they survive is because they are made of teak which doesn't rot and the oils repel insects.
Heart 7 Comment 0
We suddenly found ourselves walking down a street with dozens of women on either side of the street selling cicadas, lots of cicadas. It must have been a very good year for cicadas. I've never seen this before.
Heart 9 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 12
Comment on this entry Comment 0