Gallery of Pak Chom Photos - Unmettled Roads - CycleBlaze

December 21, 2019 to December 22, 2019

Gallery of Pak Chom Photos

Gallery of Pak Chom Photos

Image not found :(
Heart 5 Comment 0
Heart 7 Comment 0
Sometimes the Thais make large odd monuments. I think this one is paying tribute to the Nagas of the Mekong.
Heart 4 Comment 0
It's just a chair.
Heart 6 Comment 0
Markets like this spring up and last for only a day and then they move to a different community. It's got to be a lot of work to set up and tear down in a day.
Heart 3 Comment 0
I would bet all of this was made in China.
Heart 3 Comment 1
Chris WeeActually Thailand makes quite a lot of their own plastic wear. I'm a fan of their 'Croc' sandals. We just call them Krocs. Thb 100-250 at Tesco. Great cycling shoe when it rains.
Reply to this comment
4 years ago
There are still a few of these vintage buses running.
Heart 3 Comment 0
Heart 7 Comment 0
I don't know how they keep things like this running.
Heart 4 Comment 0
Of the same ilk as tiles in the bathrooms. I was thinking of getting one for my Brooks saddle.
Heart 5 Comment 2
Ron SuchanekI don't know why you haven't!
Reply to this comment
4 years ago
Bruce LellmanTo Ron SuchanekI don't know either. It probably would have helped in the breaking in process of my Brooks saddle.
Reply to this comment
4 years ago
This new coffee place was just down the promenade from our bungalow. We went there one day to write. What a great place. Really good food too. Chom Ploen is the name.
Heart 6 Comment 0
And then they came and gave us corn so we ordered food.
Heart 5 Comment 3
Jen RahnCorn and coffee? I never would have thought of that .. but why not?!
Reply to this comment
4 years ago
Rachael AndersonLooks delicious!
Reply to this comment
4 years ago
Scott AndersonSo is she smelling it? Looks like a handlebar corn mustache.
Reply to this comment
4 years ago
Vehicles should not be driven on the promenade but they are.
Heart 4 Comment 0
I don't know exactly what the goop was but the fish cakes sure tasted good dipped into it.
Heart 4 Comment 0
Krapow muu (holy basil with pork) with a fried egg on top. One of my favorite dishes in Thailand.
Heart 3 Comment 0
And then while we were writing Hans and Fabienne came to talk with us. They are Dutch and were heading to Chiang Mai. We had a really nice conversation with them since we had much in common.
Heart 4 Comment 2
Jen RahnLook at his calves!
Reply to this comment
4 years ago
Bruce LellmanTo Jen RahnNot very much like your husband's, right!!!!
Reply to this comment
4 years ago
I love being on the Mekong so when I saw this boat I figured I could buy it cheap and we could float down the river. I'd strap the bikes in. What could go wrong?
Heart 6 Comment 4
Ron SuchanekIt's a flawless plan, really. A little gorilla tape, some aluminum foil, you're all set. What's the worst that could happen?
Reply to this comment
4 years ago
Bruce LellmanTo Ron SuchanekExactly. I figure I paddle while Andrea bails. It will be a beautiful trip.
Reply to this comment
4 years ago
Jen RahnAnd maybe the Singing Cycling Cowboy can stand on the back and provide entertainment?
Reply to this comment
4 years ago
Bruce LellmanTo Jen RahnIt will be epic.
Reply to this comment
4 years ago
With all the dams upstream fluctuations in water level are now the norm. In the morning that sandbar was under water.
Heart 5 Comment 1
Jen RahnAt least this sand is still in the river!
Reply to this comment
4 years ago
Frangipani lose their leaves entirely in the winter but keep blooming.
Heart 8 Comment 1
Scott AndersonWhat a gorgeous blossom! And a funny coincidence - we biked past Frangipani Winery last night and I was trying to recall what the flower looked like. I almost stopped to take a photo to remind myself, but we were too cold.
Reply to this comment
4 years ago
Fishing boats coming in for the night.
Heart 4 Comment 0
Heart 7 Comment 0
Heart 8 Comment 1
Rachael AndersonGorgeous sunset!
Reply to this comment
4 years ago
On the Pak Chom bridge.
Heart 5 Comment 0
Our funny little sinking and tilted bungalow that we liked.
Heart 3 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 10
Comment on this entry Comment 2
Rachael AndersonI’m really enjoying reading your journal. I’m glad things are going better!
Reply to this comment
4 years ago
Bruce LellmanTo Rachael AndersonThank you for reading our journal and enjoying it! Things can hardly go wrong in Thailand. We always knew that it would be rough in Myanmar and that's why we put it first. Thailand is gravy with roads as smooth as butter.
Reply to this comment
4 years ago