BRUCESTATS - THAILAND Part 2 - Unmettled Roads - CycleBlaze

January 1, 2020 to January 22, 2020

BRUCESTATS - THAILAND Part 2

BRUCESTATS - THAILAND PART 2

Heart 7 Comment 3
Scott AndersonExplanation, please? What is this material?
Reply to this comment
4 years ago
Andrea BrownIt’s the resin/plastic/who knows what that they use for road and bike path markings. This one has had some wear and sun deterioration.
Reply to this comment
4 years ago
Bruce LellmanTo Scott AndersonI wondered about that too but I never came up with an answer. Most of these in Thailand were irritating because they were so raised we had to avoid running over them!
Reply to this comment
4 years ago
Heart 1 Comment 0

BRUCE STATS

THAILAND PART 2

Number of days in Thailand - 22 - (21 nights)

Number of days biking - 16

Number of miles biked from town to town - 484

Number of miles biked in towns - 29

Total Number of Miles Biked in Thailand Part 2 - 513

Number of miles by other transportation -  0

Number of miles in our brief two days in Laos - 26

Grand Total of Miles Biked on This Tour - 1468 

Number of squashed snakes seen on the  road - 31

Number of live snakes seen - 1

Number of snakes that looked creepily scarily alive but were dead - 1

Best Buffet Breakfast Ever - Nartsiri Residence Hotel in Ubon Ratchathani

Best value for a hotel - $24.43 per night - Nartsiri Residence Hotel because of the amazing breakfast included however it was a luxury hotel as well and would have been ten times this price in a major city.

Found on a menu - Chicken Scalp Salad

Cheapest Bananas - 48 for $1 in Khong Chiam

Most interesting saying on a woman’s t-shirt - “Similey - Cute is just my Cover” 

Cheapest Lodging - $8.47 - Beung Kan

Most Expensive Lodging - $24.43 - Ubon Ratchathani (Included an amazing breakfast buffet) 

Average Price for Lodging - $17.63 - (21 nights)

Number of days above 92 degrees F. ( 33C.)- ALL OF THEM!

Number of cycle tourists we met - 7 - (2 Thai, 1 German, 1 Japanese, 2 Dutch, 1 American)

Number of raindrops - 0

Number of flat tires - 0

Number of smiles from people we passed - 28,349

Number of times we smiled at people we passed - 28,367

One of our many breakfasts we made in our rooms. We could have always found great food but these were cheaper and really delicious plus, we didn't have to go find it. Every guest house includes instant sort of coffee that sometimes is pretty good.
Heart 3 Comment 0
Dok Fai tree flowers on really dry grass.
Heart 4 Comment 0
Heart 4 Comment 1
Wire for rat traps.
Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
This flower had such a nice shade of yellow.
Heart 2 Comment 0
We sure had fun!
Heart 1 Comment 0
Amaryllis
Heart 1 Comment 0
Desert Rose
Heart 2 Comment 0
The back end of really nice wooden bungalows overlooking the Mekong River in Bung Kla and a happy Andrea.
Heart 4 Comment 1
Ron SuchanekShe looks pretty happy! Almost like she's gonna get to meet her twin grandbabies soon.
Reply to this comment
4 years ago

lovebruce

Rate this entry's writing Heart 7
Comment on this entry Comment 3
Kat MarrinerHappy to get the last juicy bits of the journal. I got lazy part way through and didn't look up my password to comment, so I'll say it all here. It is always entertaining, educational, and inspiring to see you two pedal through your favorite part of the world. While I sit on my couch next to the fire, I get transported and love the mini vacation (plenty of heat but no sweat and grit :-) Thanks for making the effort to share the sights and stories.
Reply to this comment
4 years ago
Jen RahnTotal Smiles = 56,716
Average Smiles/Day = 2,578

And this doesn't even include the smiles of your readers!

I'll still smile every time I imagine the missed video opportunity .. of you whirling around filming the butterfly. And every time I remember one of the many great stories from Unmettled Roads.

Smiles Compounded = 23,657,943
Reply to this comment
4 years ago
Ron SuchanekI almost don't want to make this comment on the heels of the thoughtful ones by Kat and Jen. Almost....
Anyway, I wonder if chicken scalp is what they put in canned chicken. It makes you think.
Reply to this comment
4 years ago