Waiting For Deliverance: Day 10 - Chavignol to Nevers - Get It While It Lasts... A Big Loop Through Europe 2017 - CycleBlaze

August 17, 2017

Waiting For Deliverance: Day 10 - Chavignol to Nevers

Another short day today. On Monday we had arranged with Aussie Chris from Gates to have the tools we need shipped to Nevers.

This worked out quite well as we spent a lovely morning in Chavignol. Well, Kirsten did, I spent most of the morning updating this journal and uploading pictures.

We went back to riding the EV route and it was virtually all paved paths through farmland and alongside canals. Very nice.

There are noticeably fewer bikers now and that's given us the opportunity to stop and have a chat with some of hem. At one point we came across a family (mom, dad and a young daughter)on trikes, one of them a tandem. The tandem was an engineering marvel but transporting it must be a major project. When I asked the dad about this he just rolled his eyes skyward. Regardless, it was sunny, their daughter was happy and they were out biking. All good.

Nothing much more to write about and to cap the day, when we got to our hotel in Nevers, the package from Gates was waiting for us. I'm not entirely convinced it's what we need to get the cog changed but time will tell.

We've more or less finished the Loire section of the EV 6. Tomorrow the Loire heads south, and we keep heading east towards southern Burgandy. That sounds like it will be rough! I think the nightly bevies will turn from white to red.

Heart 0 Comment 0

Song of the day:

Ends of the Earth by Lord Huron

"I'm on a river that winds on forever,
Follow till I get where I'm going"

Today was the first day where we had the classic touring feeling where you're riding along, chatting, looking around, largely oblivious to your legs spinning around and propelling you forward. That's a good feeling and this song evokes that for us.

Our effort at raising the property values in Chavignol. Hotel equals laundry night
Heart 0 Comment 0
that's Sancerre on the hill above. We never made it there, maybe next time
Heart 0 Comment 0
Today's ride was canals and ....
Heart 0 Comment 0
....farms. Nothing mind blowing, just gentle easy riding.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Another family out for a tour. We've seen almost every form of pedal powered transport you could think of. This tandem trike was one of the more impressive
Heart 0 Comment 0
... and we cant end the day without another food pic. Tonight's simple and very tasty dinner in Nevers
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 65 km (40 miles)
Total: 731 km (454 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 3
Comment on this entry Comment 0