Pre Trip Training -: Cross Training on Georgian Bay - Get It While It Lasts... A Big Loop Through Europe 2017 - CycleBlaze

Pre Trip Training -: Cross Training on Georgian Bay

Kirsten, are you sure you want to spend the rest of the summer in Europe?
Heart 0 Comment 0

Since we are going to riding our bikes for the next three months and we aren't planning arduous days at the start, we thought we'd do a nice little sea kayak trip before flying off to Paris.

On our cross Canada trip two years ago we took a 'mid term break' and went sea kayaking with our friend Brent in Killarney Provincial Park on Georgian Bay. We had such a great time we thought we would do the same thing this year. The major change we made was to add two more days and two more people, Marie and Clair.

Georgian Bay delivered in spades again. Ontario had been having pretty crappy weather so far this summer, and the day we arrived in Sudbury it was chucking down rain with high winds. However when we woke up the next morning to start the Kayak trip, the skies were blue, the air was warm and the breeze was gentle. It stayed like this for the next five days! Once again the gods were smiling on us as the pics below will testify.

When we finished the kayak trip we made a short detour to Gravenhurst to visit Kirsten's step mom Millie and celebrate her 85th birthday with her. Tomorrow morning we are off to Toronto to catch our flight to Paris, then Nantes to our Warm Showers host. Tuesday morning we start pedaling! Allez!

Rock, water, trees and light in beautiful interplay on West Fox Island, Killarney Provincial Park, Ontario
Heart 1 Comment 0
Contemplating the end of a perfect day
Heart 0 Comment 0
Day one tucked to bed in a blaze of glory
Heart 0 Comment 0
Day 2 -Paddling in "The Chickens" a group of hundreds of small islands
Heart 0 Comment 0
Just another amazing sunset!
Heart 0 Comment 0
Morning in 'The Chickens'
Heart 0 Comment 0
Paddling instead of Pedaling
Heart 0 Comment 0
Lunch break on our way to the Bustard Islands
Heart 0 Comment 0
Clair paddling away
Heart 0 Comment 0
Beautiful campsite in the 'Bustard Islands'
Heart 1 Comment 0
A peaceful end to day 4
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 2
Comment on this entry Comment 0