50 Shades of Grey: Day 41 - Bratislava to Komarno - Get It While It Lasts... A Big Loop Through Europe 2017 - CycleBlaze

September 17, 2017

50 Shades of Grey: Day 41 - Bratislava to Komarno

Todays title does not refer to some erotic adventure. It refers to the conditions we had today. Slate grey skies, blue grey water, charcoal grey pavement, black grey cloud hanging over head causing plain grey rain to continually drip of our noses ... the list goes on.

This was today ... one picture says it all
Heart 0 Comment 0

I had written up a long treatise on how this was all actually quite fine and while saving my great prose, lost the internet connection, and all my prose,  on the-yet-again shit internet  we have.

f'cuk it. Readers digest version, we rode all day in the rain. Flat and featureless. Might be nice with sunshine. Saw two other bikers (actually looked like cruise boat people and were as miserable looking as us). Had good paved paths all the way on the Slovak side. Despite all this actually enjoyed the day. Nice pension (B&B) in Kormana (but with crap internet).

Felt like drowned rats at lunch, wrung out socks in bathroom at café we were at, real classy. Huge contrast to high brow nights in Vienna. All part of cycle touring and we like it all. Why? Not enough time to explain. Only road kill I saw all day was a very wet rat. Appropos.

Heart 0 Comment 0

Song of the Day .

Here Comes the rain again by the Eurythmics ... sure, cliché but I had a good story for this .. but it got lost too and I'm not going to repeat it. Anyway, I like Annie Lennox

Editing the pic to b&w doesn't really change much
Heart 0 Comment 0
Believe it or not, this was one of our highlights ...coming into Komarno we saw a Lada dealership ... no shit, they still make these things! Not sure they sell them though ... 6 weeks in Europe now and this is the first one we've seen, in a showroom I think the 4x4 of the front means it needs four people to push it!
Heart 0 Comment 0

While editing this, K correctly pointed out that I have lost considerable amounts of text on several previous occasions due to internet issues, and that my reaction to all of these has been similar (remakably, the computer is not broken yet though).

She also very helpfully suggested I write things up offline in Word, and then cut and paste into the blog site, several times even if required!

Good advice. But then I'd have almost no complications or challenges in my life and would suffer from crushing ennui.

Just wondering how many readers will make it this far.

Today's ride: 118 km (73 miles)
Total: 2,861 km (1,777 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 2
Comment on this entry Comment 0