Short but sweet: Day 61 - Rednersville to Roblin - And Then We Pedalled...... Cross Canada 2015 - CycleBlaze

August 2, 2015

Short but sweet: Day 61 - Rednersville to Roblin

A short but really good ride today and another afternoon of Chillin at a lake.

We're bouncing around Ontario crashing with who ever will have us .... And today it was Clair and Marie's turn!

Heart 0 Comment 0

Our friends Claire and Marie live north of Bellville and Kingston respectively, Clair on his old family farm (appropriately on Homestead road) and Marie on the north shores of SydenhamLake. Our plan was to cycle to Clair's place and then head up together to Marie's and hang at the lake.

The plan was executed perfectly from my perspective, although I was informed that I failed the Ontario test for not fully embracing the joys of floating around in the water. When you're raised mainly in Alberta, you are hard-wired to associated lakes with glacier fed streams, and swimming in them is usually the last thing that crosses your mind. Marie Clair and Kirsten all grew up in the east so are happy to splash around for hours in the water, catcalling their prairie duster friends while they enjoy the warm sunshine and a cool drink from a dry deck chair.

That pretty much describes the afternoon. Fun for all!

Our ride up to Roblin was quick and painless. Great weather, a moderate tailwind, benign hills and almost no traffic. Very interesting to see the country change from lake shore to limestone outcrops to full Canadian Shield granite in just a few short kilometres.

It was mostly farming country until a few km's before Roblin where it started to get more forested with a few lakes. Saw a really cool weir / waterfall by the road with a couple of families with kids jumping off a bridge into a deep pool above the weir. Classic summer holiday fun... but not for Albertans.

Another great dinner, thanks Marie! Now off to bed and likely some mountain biking at Clair's tomorrow. Then our summer break will be over and it will be back to taking on the last five provinces.

Song of the day:

Rambling Man by The Allman Brothers.

A classic , and this is what I played when I was showing Clair all the electronic wizardry on my bike. We both liked it!

Historical monument of the day- still working on it

Leaving bucolic Prince Edward County. Great couple of days here checking out old haunts
Heart 0 Comment 0
Marie and Kirsten hanging out on the dock
Heart 0 Comment 0
Claire doing the official Ontario Lakeland salute
Heart 0 Comment 0
Very cool bridge weir waterfall combo on County Rd 12 south of Roblin
Heart 1 Comment 0

Today's ride: 61 km (38 miles)
Total: 5,526 km (3,432 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 2
Comment on this entry Comment 0