St. Jean de Losnes to Rans - London to Istanbul on a Recumbent Tandem - CycleBlaze

August 30, 2012

St. Jean de Losnes to Rans

After the usual clean up after a big storm, we packed up our soggy tent and belongings to continue on our way. Oh well...
Before leaving, we noticed one of our neighbours following a lame kitten around the campground. It turns out that they had rescued this kitten who had been hit by a car a few days earlier. This couple were from Holland and had decided to try to nurse the kitten back to health and adopt her. Of course we had to stay and visit (any excuse to visit with a cat!)
The route today follows the Canal Rhone du Rhine, is very well signed and picturesque. We are really enjoying the good riding surface. Many churches with the typical Burgundy multi coloured roofs are along the way. We also notice that the terrain is changing to hills and cliffs alongside.
Our bike wanted to stop in Rans (our bike, a Rans Seavo) but we blinked and Rans was behind us.
We camped in a small campground on the canal across the river from Rans. Looks like it will be another stormy night - we hope that it won't be as bad as last night. There were only two other couples camping at the campground. It feels like fall is here and the number of travellers we encounter is decreasing.

Trying to dry out our fly after the stormy night.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Our Dutch neighbours and their new kitten.
Heart 1 Comment 1
Charmaine RuppoltAww, nice of your Dutch camping neighbors to try and help that kitten they found. :)
Reply to this comment
6 months ago
Heart 0 Comment 0
Feeding the ducks along the canal.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Churches have changed in shape in this area and also have the colourful Burgundy style of tiles that we first saw in Dijon.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Since following the canals, we see many herons in the canals and in the fields.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Magnificent trees along the canal.
Heart 1 Comment 1
Charmaine RuppoltLove those big trees along the canal! :)
Reply to this comment
6 months ago
Heart 0 Comment 0
Remains of fortification.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Cliffs along the trail.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 58 km (36 miles)
Total: 1,715 km (1,065 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0