Krems to Klosterneuberg: We're Almost in Vienna - London to Istanbul on a Recumbent Tandem - CycleBlaze

September 30, 2012

Krems to Klosterneuberg: We're Almost in Vienna

In Krems, we camped at one of the Donauparks which are along the Danube in this area.
Heart 0 Comment 0
A wonderfully designed bike friendly bridge over the Danube - it surprised us as it is so new it doesn't appear on the Bikeline map. We had thought we would have to cross at the power station further along.
Heart 1 Comment 1
Charmaine RuppoltGreat idea to build a bike bridge under the road bridge - incorporating both. :)
Reply to this comment
6 months ago
Access to the bike portion on a dedicated bike ramp - impressive!
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
It was not necessary to ride on the top of the bridge with the cars. Cyclists had their own car free section.
Heart 1 Comment 0
And what a great view - so often on a bridge, we are unable to stop as cars are whizzing by - but here, no problem...
Heart 1 Comment 0
The bridge is so new that there isn't any graffiti yet.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Wow, what a brilliant idea!
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Snickers to the rescue.
Heart 1 Comment 1
Charmaine RuppoltSnickers bars always are a good booster! :)
Reply to this comment
6 months ago
This cyclist's cafe popped up along the trail in the country by a corn field. They had homemade elderberry and apple nectar that mineral water was added to. Mary Ellen tried the elderberry - very refreshing. They also had "Most" - something we see everywhere as it is apple cider.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
We liked the look of this log home and then realized that it was festooned with photographs of the woman who had just celebrated her 40th birthday.
Heart 0 Comment 0
And there she is - happy 40th!
Heart 1 Comment 0
The town of Tulln had some interesting sculptures along the waterfront. This one was most impressive with a water feature.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
The rat sculpture was watching the other figures.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Graffiti...art along the way
Heart 0 Comment 0
Graffiti covered all of this building - a former nightclub.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0

Today's ride: 82 km (51 miles)
Total: 3,034 km (1,884 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0