Feldkirchen to Mauthausen - London to Istanbul on a Recumbent Tandem - CycleBlaze

September 24, 2012

Feldkirchen to Mauthausen

Swans along the Danube
Heart 1 Comment 0
This sheep was on his own with many goats - very curious and affectionate.
Heart 1 Comment 0
A nice stand of birch trees - the sound of the leaves falling reminded us that fall is here.
Heart 1 Comment 0
An impressive rowing club facility and school.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
We continue to be impressed by Austria and the provision of WC's in most villages.
Heart 0 Comment 0
This dog was enjoying his ride.
Heart 1 Comment 0
So much renovation work going on in these villages to the old buildigs. It was interesting watching these two men attach the glass panel which was about to be lifted with a crane. Precarious work.
Heart 0 Comment 0
...and up it went.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Cyclists love to congregate where there is food and beer!
Heart 0 Comment 0
This section of the trail today was on the side of the road approaching a very busy road.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Only 226 km to Vienna
Heart 0 Comment 0
The second snake of our trip. The first one was seen in France. This was was more willing to pose for a photo
Heart 0 Comment 0
Outside of Linz-a very industrial area, with a steel works and chemical plant. Interestingly, despite its appearance of urban blight and emissions, the city has taken great pains to achieve the lowest pollution since 1991 and it is considered to be successful.
Heart 0 Comment 0
A large group of swans were grooming by the river's edge - so many feathers.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Dinner in Gasthaus zur Traube in Mauthausen - we're now in Kaiser country. Each region tells us that their beer is the best.
Heart 0 Comment 0
We tried the recommended "grandmother's soup" - a hearty home made soup full of good things.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 58 km (36 miles)
Total: 2,768 km (1,719 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0