Blindheim - Gasthaus Konle: Sick and staying put! - London to Istanbul on a Recumbent Tandem - CycleBlaze

September 15, 2012

Blindheim - Gasthaus Konle: Sick and staying put!

We are really enjoying small towns in Germany.
Like Unlingen where we stayed last week, there is little in Blindheim that would attract a tourist, apart from the Eurovelo route through town. Nonetheless, we like spending time where you can appreciate how locals live and feel the essence of what Germany is really about.
The Gasthaus is newly decorated, comfortable with a large kitchen provided for the guests (a first for us on our trip) and includes breakfast.
Woke up feeling more sick than yesterday. Back to bed after breakfast. Barry wisely requested a second night for us here. I sure hope that a day of rest will get me back on my feet. It isn’t fun being sick on the road.
The owner at the Gasthaus is so friendly and hospitable. First she brought us squash soup that her 15 year old daughter had made for homework. The squash was from her garden and very tasty. Next she brought me some herbal tea, once again from her garden, with honey. Her concern and nurturing way are making me feel better already.
Barry went for a walk to explore the village - there is a church, the Rathaus, a beer store (with Rudi the cat in his box on the counter) and another Gasthaus. It is a sleepy village surrounded by farms. We love it here.
We used the time to change the oil in our Rolhoff hub. As with any task that is new, it feels good to have it done. I’m sure our bike will thank us.

Breakfast bread
Heart 1 Comment 0
Breakfast at Gasthaus Konle in Blindheim
Heart 0 Comment 0
We met Rudi the cat at the Blindheim beer store
Heart 1 Comment 0
Rudi the cat
Heart 1 Comment 0
We thought that these were tree forts- no they appear for birds
Heart 0 Comment 0
Breakfast at the Gasthaus Konle
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Our wonderful accommadation at the guesthouse
Heart 0 Comment 0
Our amazing host at the guesthouse
Heart 0 Comment 0
A great place to stay
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
The church across the street
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0