Aberdeen - The seventh step ... London to Edinburgh via Land's End and John o'Groats - CycleBlaze

August 14, 2019

Aberdeen

We managed to sleep a bit on the ferry last night, despite the efforts of three older folk talking loudly near us.  We managed to hear all about the one's personal problems but the best was the old chap who had obviously been in the navy during his youth.  He went through the complete list of uniforms that had been issued to him, from his cap to his Burberry.  When he got to describing his long-johns we couldn't help ourselves and burst out laughing.

It was pretty cold when we disembarked.  After wasting a bit of time at the ferry terminal we cycled up to the Travelodge where we left our bicycles and luggage before walking back into town to do some shopping.

Disembarking at Aberdeen on a cold, grey morning.
Heart 1 Comment 0

The shopping turned out to be totally fruitless - we were looking for replacement Gore-Tex shoes - but it did consume a few hours before we could check in at eleven o'clock.  It also gave us a chance to take in a bit of Aberdeen.  Its famously grey buildings are still dominant but the shopping malls could be any where in the world.

Then it was back to the hotel where Leigh managed to catch some shuteye while I got a big chunk of work done.

Today's ride: 2 km (1 miles)
Total: 2,780 km (1,726 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 4
Comment on this entry Comment 0