Postlude - To Surprise Laurie - CycleBlaze

Postlude

Heart 0 Comment 0

Whole trip: 549 miles in 96 hours, 50 minutes = 5.7 mph.
Spent: $106.53 (food) + $275.66 (lodging) + $19.99 (tire, tube) = $402.18.

We had a great time at Bill and Laurie's - very laid-back. We slept late, watched DVD movies, went shopping, ate well (both at 'home' and out), and visited places-to-see in Springfield.

On Wednesday morning I received emails from my father-in-law and George and Kris. I was finding this BlackBerry handy.

Activities on Wednesday in Springfield included shopping at the Bass Pro Shop, driving past where Laurie works, and a tour of where Bill works. On the way home we stopped at Andy's for frozen custard.

On Thursday we checked out the cave entrance and pond at Sequiota Park and visited the Springfield Conservation Nature Center.

Here's a picture from the nature center's indoor wildlife viewing area.

Heart 0 Comment 0

We hiked the Boardwalk Trail, which has a walkway over part of Springfield Lake.

Heart 0 Comment 0
Bill, Laurie, Isaac
Heart 0 Comment 0

Friday Laurie had to go back to work, and it was the day for us to return home. We packed the trunk, and then mounted the bike to the car, using a bike carrier friends of ours let us use. Bill was a big help with securing the carrier and the bike.

Heart 0 Comment 0

We left at 10:20am, arriving home at 6:02pm. By car it's a 380-mile trip.

After unpacking, I weighed myself, curious if I had lost any weight: 210 pounds. Nope - a 0.5-pound gain. Must have been all that good eating at Bill and Laurie's!

Wrapping up, I'd like to thank Michael Legel for the earlier posting of this trip report on his blog ( www.mjlegel.com/Pictures/2009/jeff ) and to Alan Legel, who pointed me to www.crazyguyonabike.com - what a great site!

Next year's trip? Perhaps it'll be titled . . . Following the Straight Path

Rate this entry's writing Heart 2
Comment on this entry Comment 0