Day 2 - Tour Prelude - Amishland & Lakes Ride, La Grange, IN - Lake Michigan - East - Short Lighthouse Tour - CycleBlaze

July 31, 2021

Day 2 - Tour Prelude - Amishland & Lakes Ride, La Grange, IN

A lot of logistics today. Simon and I want to ride the 36 mile ride for the Amishland and Lakes event. We need to be done somewhere around 11:30 am so can quickly shower and jump in the car and drive the 2 hours to Michigan and get to the baby shower by 2 pm.

Heart 0 Comment 0

We were up early, had breakfast at the hotel, checked out and drove the 15 minutes from Shipshewana to La Grange.

We assembled at the La Grange High School. Once we got the bikes ready, we took a quick photo with our cycling group and then Simon and I left before anyone else.  We were on the road at 8:20 am and never saw any of them out on the course all morning.

The Goodies
Heart 0 Comment 0

We made many stops at Amish farms to eat their home made goodies; donuts, cookies, muffins, whoppie pies, etc.

Heart 0 Comment 0
Horse drawn farm equipment
Heart 0 Comment 0
Local Store
Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0

The roads were well worn from the many horse hooves. And a constant lookout was need to road mines.

Avoiding poop
Heart 0 Comment 0

At this stop we released we needed to pick up the pace to make up time so skipped past some other stalls.

More food
Heart 1 Comment 0

The prize at the end. A shower and the Whoopie Pie.

Next we jumped in the car and headed to to our daughters house in Michigan.

Whoopie Pie
Heart 0 Comment 0

Celebrating the birth of our grand daughter Freya.

Heart 1 Comment 0

The evening was spent out at the farm with a cookout and bonfire.

Heart 0 Comment 0
Farm Bonfire
Heart 1 Comment 0

Today's ride: 36 miles (58 km)
Total: 71 miles (114 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 3
Comment on this entry Comment 0