Travel day, part 2: Incheon Boogaloo - Springtime stamp collecting in the Land of Morning Calm - CycleBlaze

April 25, 2022

Travel day, part 2: Incheon Boogaloo

The flight, though long, was uneventful. The immigration gauntlet was harried, involving more paperwork than ever, but we eventually met our bikes and bag on the other side. Now the serious work was about to begin.

Heart 0 Comment 0

The new Terminal 2 is very nice, although it doesn't seem any shinier or fancier than the older terminal. We were greeted in the hallway by a SIM card counter, so we decided to get one in order to save a few bucks on data and to have a Korean phone number. That always seems to come in handy.

I babysat the gear while Sunyoung inquired about the train situation. It was our only reasonable option anyway. They said we could go for it after 8pm. It was only 5:30, so we had some time to kill. We started with a pretty decent airport meal.

Heart 0 Comment 0

...then we got down to the business of putting the bikes together.

Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0

I put the finishing touches on our bikes a little after 7:30pm. We decided our time had come. After a few minutes wasted figuring out how to buy tickets, we reached the platform. A train came right away and we rushed to the back car.

Heart 0 Comment 0

Whew! We made it!

Heart 1 Comment 0

This was followed by a crazy exit game that involved going outside, taking one elevator up, and a nearby one back down just to get to the other side of a locked gate. Never seen that before.

We tentatively crossed the street, hopped on our bikes, turned our headlights on, and made a beeline for the business district next to the public health center. Just as the first raindrops started to fall, we reached our destination and found a cheapish motel that was happy to take us and our bikes for the night. I think we made the right decision to come here rather than camp straightaway. 

Today's ride: 3 km (2 miles)
Total: 3 km (2 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 4
Comment on this entry Comment 0