Day Eighty Seven: Maisons Laffitte - Grampies Go On Their Knees Spring 2017 - CycleBlaze

June 22, 2017

Day Eighty Seven: Maisons Laffitte

We spread all our stuff out in the garden, creating an amazingly large debris field. Dodie is attempting to restack it in various ways. All cyclists know this phenomenon - the stuff is so compact and organized when on the bike or on the plane, but once it hits a hotel room or friend's house - kaboom!

I have often commented on how French it feels to walk in the morning to the bakery for ultra fresh bread. This morning it was the same, but as directed by Corinne (Didier's wife) I went for not one but four baguettes (and yes, some croissants).

Walking back with four baguettes sticking out of a bag was really French, I thought.

Step one to being really French - carry at least four baguettes
Heart 0 Comment 0
corinne hard at work
Heart 0 Comment 0
Some of Corinne's statues
Heart 0 Comment 0
Just a corner of the garden mess. However, that is
Heart 0 Comment 0

We are starting to deal with "separation anxiety" as we see our departure from france approaching. Of all the things we could be anxious about separating from, of course the bakeries and groceries are high on the list. Today we went with Corinne not to Super U, since there does not seem to be one nearby, but to the Simply Mart. Even though Simply is not as big or fancy as Super, it still had the tings we will miss so much: Cheese (and more cheese), and the whole wall of refrigerated pudding type stuff, like tiramisu, creme brulee, and chocolate mousse. Oh, and then there is the wall of top quality yogurts!

Corinne brought home the groceries and prepared firstly a salad, to go into my salad gallery. Then it was peppers stuffed with sausage meat. And there was roasted fennel. Corinne insisted that in France you must drink wine, so we did. It was a rosee from Provence. With ice cubes in it, in this hot weather, it was actually pretty good.

Tomorrow will be an exciting day for us, as we will go back to the heart of Paris. Of all the cities we have visited, Paris has the most draw, the most romance. And of course, it also has this great bike shop we plan to visit!

We will miss these kinds of desserts
Heart 0 Comment 0
Look at how many they have!
Heart 0 Comment 0
This is just the Normandy Camemberts, not the full cheese selection, of course
Heart 0 Comment 0
Corinne, a great French cook, prepares supper
Heart 0 Comment 0
The finished product looks like a painting
Heart 0 Comment 0
A salad for the books
Heart 0 Comment 0
Grampies in an unaccustomed pose
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 2
Comment on this entry Comment 0