Westport to Ticonderoga - Northern Tier Modified - CycleBlaze

August 15, 2021

Westport to Ticonderoga

Rose's perspective:

While packing up, our neighbors at the RV park wanted to know more about our tour. After a good chat with Chris and Lou, we set off around 1030am. Westport to Port Henry was decent riding. Then came the HILLS and NO SHOULDER, I repeat HILLS  and NO SHOULDER. Very stressful day of riding. Sunday afternoon drivers driving like hell, by gosh they will get there. We stopped at Dockside Cafe for lunch and to regroup.

View from our table on a very windy day. Dockside Cafe, Port Henry, NY
Heart 0 Comment 1
John ScanlanKimsan,
 I don't know when you are going to check your e-mail next, but you and Rose need to head west in New York state as fast as possible and travel as far west as possible.  Hurricane Henri is going to slam Connecticut on Saturday and then head north into eastern New York.
Reply to this comment
2 years ago

 Afterwhile, we got back in the saddle. We finally had a good shoulder just after the Ticonderoga sign, for a mile or so. Decent shoulder after that. 

Finally made it to Ticonderoga and some easement worth talking about!
Heart 0 Comment 0

WS host Seth is picked us up to sag us up the hill into the woods to his grandparents cabin. Yay! I needed to destress by the lake. We arrived and low and behold Seth's parents were having friends over as well. Larry and Mary from Boston. Kim and I met them in Naples off Lewis Rd when they stopped to chat with us about our tour. They are also cyclists. Amazing. Perfect timing. It's going to be a good end to a hectic day.

Peaceful Lake George, NY
Heart 0 Comment 0
The moon reflecting on the water of Lake George
Heart 0 Comment 0
So blessed to have such good accommodations at the cabin.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Larry was busy grilling dinner and I was able to have a good conversation with Mary on the deck. They had a friend coming up for dinner named Clyde. He was in his 70's and still riding supported tours. 

Dinner was excellent as well as desert. We all retired to bed fairly early as most of us had a time schedule to meet.

Today's ride: 26 miles (42 km)
Total: 389 miles (626 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 2
Comment on this entry Comment 0