Timberland Acres to Searsport - Northern Tier Modified - CycleBlaze

July 30, 2021

Timberland Acres to Searsport

Oops. It rained all night long. And I mean all night. Although no water got into our tents, everything was so damp. And the tents were muddy as well. 

Campground all night
Heart 0 Comment 1
John ScanlanMy very first night at Acadia, it rained cats-n-dogs, and the next morning I woke up in a puddle.
Reply to this comment
2 years ago

In light of today’s continued wet forecast we arranged for transportation to our next town, Searsport. Missy and Joe left very early for a whale-watching expedition and I used the area under the canopy to pack up for the shuttle. We already have confirmed lodging and will do laundry and dry out everything. 

All ready for our shuttle
Heart 0 Comment 1
John ScanlanI admire how you have your nightly stays all planned out. You are certainly better than me. Because of all the things that can go wrong, I just wing it from night to night to night.
Reply to this comment
2 years ago

We arrived at the charming Yardarm Motel. They let us check in early which was welcomed indeed, as we have a lot to do. 

Charming place and wonderful hosts
Heart 0 Comment 1
John ScanlanAaaaahhhhh . . . a bed with a pillow.
Reply to this comment
2 years ago
Old school
Heart 0 Comment 1
John ScanlanAnd I prefer those old school motel keys to the fancy-schmany cards that you insert into a slot.
Reply to this comment
2 years ago
For the carving below
Heart 0 Comment 0
Marlboro Packard
Heart 1 Comment 0

Rose writes:

The next morning, we packed our things up under their canopy. Such nice campers! Kim is flexible as am I, so we agreed to call for transport to our next destination, The Yardarm Motel in Searsport. Wet and muddy tents, damp clothes and rest day ahead of us. Remember to stay flexible, its akin to stopping and smelling the roses.

We arrived at the quaint Yardarm Motel early afternoon. Washed off our tents and were graciously permitted to hang them to dry over the balcony.  The owner jokes we looked like a refuge camp. We were certainly glad to have our gear washed, laundry done and everything fresh and new for day three.

Most hotels in the area had no vacancy. Thankful for Kim's attention to detail and planning.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The main house to the motel.
Heart 0 Comment 0

I rested while Kim repacked. The bed was comfy and the showers were hot! Soon I was off to another good night of sleep to ready me for another day of cycling.🚴‍♀️🌄

Rate this entry's writing Heart 3
Comment on this entry Comment 0