Ticonderoga to Glens Falls - Northern Tier Modified - CycleBlaze

August 16, 2021 to August 17, 2021

Ticonderoga to Glens Falls

Today will be our first full rest day in 16 days. We are overdue!

After breakfast with WS host Seth and his mom (all the others had left early for work, bike rides, etc.) he drove us and all our gear back into town to start our day. We had made arrangements for someone to come take us to Glens Falls where our WS host Pam would be hosting us for not only Tuesday night, but now Monday night as well. 

After the first two rides fell through Pam said she could pick us up after she got off work at 2pm. So now, after working all day, she drove 60 miles to pick us up and take us to her house. Along the way she also took us on a side trip up Prospect Mountain. Then we stopped for dinner at Peppermill Family Restaurant before heading the rest of the way to her house. 

We had a great setup in her back porch room with plenty of space to spread out and repack our bags. The next day she took us to the grocery store to replenish our supplies. That night we caught up on our laundry. A true angel! Once again, forgot the photo. :-(

Rose's thoughts:

Seth and his Mom Amy kindly offered us breakfast, tea and coffee. We said our goodbyes around 930am and Seth drove us to town.

Kim, Seth and me.
Heart 1 Comment 1
John Scanlan Kimsan,
I don't know when you are going to check your e-mail next, but you and Rose need to head west in New York state as fast as possible and travel as far west as possible.  Hurricane Henri is going to slam Connecticut on Saturday and then head north into eastern New York.
Reply to this comment
2 years ago

Midday our plan B for SAG to Glen Falls fell thru. Enter Plan C, Our WS host Pam to the rescue!  She came up from work as end brought us home. During that time she shared how she had completed all 46 4000'+ elevation hikes in the Adirondacks in the summer and winter. Pretty darn impressive! She took us to Prospect Mountain for a little hike up to the summit to see Lake George.

View of Lake George
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0

After dinner, we made to her home. Kim and I set up in the enclosed patio area. We are both so very thankful to have a full rest day. I will be certainly counting our blessings tonight.

Rate this entry's writing Heart 2
Comment on this entry Comment 0