Pittsford to Brockport - Northern Tier Modified - CycleBlaze

August 29, 2021

Pittsford to Brockport

After a hearty breakfast all four of us headed out. Don and Peg were continuing east and we continued west. Before leaving the home of Steve and Ann Marie I had to get a photo of their most clever use for an over-the-door shoe holder. 

Bottle organizer
Heart 1 Comment 1
John ScanlanKimsan,
But who owns that many water bottles?
Reply to this comment
2 years ago

First stop was at REI about eight miles away. This location is right next to the trail. I had ordered a footprint for my new tent and it was waiting for me there. 

Perfect location
Heart 0 Comment 1
John ScanlanKimsan,
Don't you just love it when things work out? You are a master planner.
Reply to this comment
2 years ago

Rochester has an extensive trail system and the pavement was nice and smooth. 

Many connecting trails
Heart 0 Comment 1
John ScanlanI hope you've done your homework so that you know which one to take. Wait a second . . . what am I saying? We're talking about the master planner here!
Reply to this comment
2 years ago
Dolomite
Heart 0 Comment 1
John ScanlanKimsan,
Can you imagine blasting through that stuff?
Reply to this comment
2 years ago
Heart 0 Comment 0

We ended our day in Brockport and worked on plans for tomorrow’s ride. 

Rose's perspective:

After a restful night of sleep, I awoke to the smell of PANCAKES!!😛

Our host Steve was up early making breakfast. He wanted to be sure we were all fed the best breakfast for another day of touring. Cast iron scrambled eggs with cheddar, link sausage, coffee, orange juice, fresh fruit, Pittsford Dairy chocolate milk and of course pancakes with maple syrup. Deliciousness!!

Steve and Ann Marie are wonderful Warmshower hosts and we were all very blessed to be guests.

Getting ready to roll!
Heart 0 Comment 0

Kim and I found the trail via the good instructions Steve gave us. Good conditions on the trail today. I rode ahead and found some shelter for the incoming rain. We decided on the fly that camping in the rain was not the option for tonight, so we took lodging in Brockport.

Shelter in place!
Heart 0 Comment 0

 I stopped by Aldi and grabbed dinner fixings. Thankful to not have to deal with a wet tent tonight!

Dinner is served. Asian salad, pineapple spears, pitas crackers with chedder cheese and spicy salami.
Heart 1 Comment 0

We discussed routing for the next day then called it a day. 

Today's ride: 32 miles (51 km)
Total: 671 miles (1,080 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 2
Comment on this entry Comment 0