Brockport to Middleport - Northern Tier Modified - CycleBlaze

August 30, 2021

Brockport to Middleport

Today we had a crosswind-headwind all day. The morning cloud cover kept the temperatures cooler for a while but eventually the sun broke through. 

Breezy
Heart 0 Comment 1
John ScanlanKimsan,
And you were well rested because you chose not to sleep in a wet tent.
Reply to this comment
2 years ago
Quiet on the trail today
Heart 1 Comment 1
John ScanlanKimsan,
Ooooooo . . . I much prefer a paved trail..
Reply to this comment
2 years ago

We stopped for lunch in Albion and I ordered yet another Greek salad with chicken. 

Heart 1 Comment 1
John ScanlanKimsan,
That Greek salad looks like a healthy mix of protein and carbohydrates. Today with the ROMEOs, I had an antipasto salad. Have you ever eaten one? It has salami, pepperoni, ham, and Kalamari olives with mixed greens.
Reply to this comment
2 years ago

I had called ahead to the city office in Middleport about the camping area they offer along the canal. Sarah was very helpful, telling me we just set up along the south side of the canal and they do not charge any fees. She explained where the restrooms and showers were located. Although free camping at the locks along the whole canal is also allowed, we always chose other options that included shower availability. 

Lift bridge
Heart 0 Comment 1
John ScanlanKimsan,
Free camping with showers available - you totally scored.
Reply to this comment
2 years ago


Rose writes:

We got off to an early start on the trail. The stone dust was minimal since it had rained the previous night. We were headed to Middleport that day for a welcome night of camping. 

We met up in Albian for lunch at the Village House Restaurant. Their Greek salads were delicious! Back on the trail with our hunger satisfied, we rolled into Middleport to find our accommodations.

Corn fields for miles
Heart 1 Comment 0

Apparently, the cyclists and Walkers are not the only ones who enjoy the trail. I rolled over a 8" wide snake track. I wasn't going back to snap a pic, due to the fact I didn't have my cutting shovel with me. 

These apple orchards are beautiful!
Heart 0 Comment 0

Along the North and South banks of Middleport at Main Street is free camping compliments of the City of Middleport. Its right behind the Police and Fire Station. 

A perfect spot for tonights camp.
Heart 1 Comment 0

Kim was still on the trail while I was setting up camp. A cyclist named Matt rolled up and started up a conversation with me. He began his tour July 28th and planned to cycle the entire continental United States in 1 year on a $10 a day budget. Matt apparently likes a challenge. 😁 I talked him into staying in Middleport for the evening, since it was already four o'clock.  The accommodations here include electric, water, restrooms, showers, picnic tables and a laundry mat. Main street was quiet and businesses were not bustling as they once were. The sunsets on the water were certainly photo worthy!

Sun setting on another beautiful day.
Heart 1 Comment 0
And the day is done. Time to retire to my tent.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 33 miles (53 km)
Total: 704 miles (1,133 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 2
Comment on this entry Comment 0