Sister Bay layover day - The Only Thing Fast On This Tour Is The Ferry - CycleBlaze

Sister Bay layover day

We didn't set the alarm this morning and didn't wake up until 8:30! Isn't life grand?

They had cold items here for breakfast, including breakfast sandwiches and hard boiled eggs. Jacinto finished his leftovers that he's been carrying for a couple of days and I ate motel food.

We sat around in our nice recliners ! and talked for a couple of hours. That was enough for Jacinto. He's gone now on a ride. I had tried to talk him into walking to town to eat at Al Johnson's restaurant - a Scandinavian themed restaurant that has a live grass roof with real goats grazing on the roof. Swedish meatballs is the thing to eat there . .  . Jacinto was unimpressed.  

I am content with my day off. I'm going to watch a movie, do a little internet surfing, and hopefully eat ice cream when Jacinto gets back.

We have only four riding days left. Where did the time go?

Jacinto had just finished swigging down the bottle contents when he swallowed a chunk. THEN he looked in the bottle! That’s a nasty black pool there in the bottom. I do carry a bottle brush. One of us doesn’t make use of it.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Jacinto can’t sit still. He is leaving on a 36 mile ride. His instructions are to buy ice cream at the Piggly Wiggly as he comes back up the hill. Let’s see if he does.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 4
Comment on this entry Comment 1
Rachael AndersonI hope you enjoy your day off. You’ve certainly earned it!
Reply to this comment
2 years ago