Layover day - Houghton, MI - The Only Thing Fast On This Tour Is The Ferry - CycleBlaze

July 20, 2021

Layover day - Houghton, MI

We had a good layover day. It was time. We had 15 riding days without a day off. Jacinto said his legs were ready. He never says that.

We slept in as long as we wanted. The breakfast was all carbs except for hard boiled eggs.  

Jacinto walked into Hancock to a Mexican restaurant and got us lunch to go. He also stopped at Down Wind Sports for new bicycle tubes. They had our size which is good. It seems that we can only find 26" tubes in fat mountain bike sizes. It was cold enough here that he left and quickly returned for a jacket before continuing on his errands.

I watched a movie while he was gone and wiped off my bike chain. 

Finally in the late afternoon we walked downtown to the Hunan Garden for dinner. We walked on the bike path so I would know how to cross the bridge in the morning. There's construction and it's all a mess, but there's a pedestrian path on the bridge that Jacinto says is wide enough for a loaded bike. 

My plan for tomorrow is to largely stay on Highway 26 as much as possible. The weather had been looking bad, but now our forecast at least for tomorrow is good. It is possible the return will bring rain and we will come directly back.

I have some photos  of downtown to add, but they aren't showing up just yet.

Rate this entry's writing Heart 3
Comment on this entry Comment 2
Bill GiffinEnjoy your tour Kelly! Great to be reading your journals again!
Reply to this comment
2 years ago
Kelly IniguezBill- I’m happy you are here and are following along. Thanks for taking the time to write.

Kelly
Reply to this comment
2 years ago