Things for small minds to ponder: Idiots - Of Kasbahs and Kilts - CycleBlaze

July 5, 2015

Things for small minds to ponder: Idiots

During world war 1 some moron in the British Army came up with the idea to encourage men to join with their neighborhood friends, or "pals". Other idiots in high command must of thought this was a great idea because they advertised it and got untold numbers to enlist, whole town in some cases, or close to it. They were desperate for more men/boys for the meat grinder and were looking for ways to increase recruitment.

I guess they didnt think it through though because in some cases the whole towns population of young men was virtually wiped out in one battle. Telegrams would show up all at the same time, with predictable results.

All the towns in Britain, no matter how small, have memorials to fallen soldiers. Its like France in that way. And often more than one have the same surname, so likely are from the same family.

When will the world wise up about war and stop listening to the idiots in power who start the damn things?

Typical WWI memorial
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Notice all the names from the same family. Although I dont know the size of the town during The Great War, it is a small town now, and that is a lot of names.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 38 miles (61 km)
Total: 741 miles (1,193 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0