Madrid - Of Kasbahs and Kilts - CycleBlaze

May 27, 2015

Madrid

Sorry for the delay. We've been, you know, doing things.

Right now it is 10:40pm and we are sitting at a bar eating dinner and drinking wine with, it seems, half of Spain. We sleep late, eat late and even take a nap when it suits us. We fit right in. This may change when I start turning the pedals but for now I have no complaints.

We love how the city is alive all hours.

Tomorrow we head for Toledo. The Trucker is safely stored with my airbnb host and we will be reunited soon. Until then, here are a few pics of Madrid.

Here is a pic at the old Royal Palace. Use for centuries to entertain kings and subjugate the masses. Now its a museum with a nice coffee shop
Heart 0 Comment 0
We went to a museum with a few, you know, pictures.
Heart 0 Comment 0
It was fabulous to see such small children being introduced to art! This woman was great with the kids, making art fun. We could use some of that in the U.S.
Heart 0 Comment 0
This one is a little darker. Its by some dude named Salvador Dali.
Heart 0 Comment 0
This is a different kind of artwork. It is inside one of the metro stations.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Inside the Metro
Heart 0 Comment 0
....we also walked around the huge park. It was hopping with activity and soooo many people were out enjoying the evening. Very cool.
Heart 1 Comment 0
....including runners in the park.
Heart 0 Comment 0
We also saw a cool archeology museum.....
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0