Day 20: Pomp and Circumstance - Of Kasbahs and Kilts - CycleBlaze

July 2, 2015

Day 20: Pomp and Circumstance

We are almost to Wales as proven by the terrain which is getting decidedly more lumpy. Leo's friend Andy met us at our campground and took us over the first part which included lovely, but steep, little lanes.

He guided us to Hereford which not only has a small museum with, among other things one of 4 surviving Magna Cartas, but was also the home of Edward Elgar. Not only was Mr. Elgar a cyclist but he is also the dud who wrote the song that is played at all the graduations I have ever been to and is called Pomp and Circumstance. It goes like this...

Daaaaaaa, Da Da Da, Daaa Daaa, Daaaaaaa, Da Da Da Daaaaaaaaaaa. Daaaaaa Da Da Da Daaaa, Daaaaaa, Daaaaaaaa Da Da Da Daaaaaaa.

You know the one I am talking about.

Anyway what matters is he was a cyclist and you will see his statue soon if you decide to keep scrolling.

Other than that we ended a bit early than planned, which turned out great because we are staying at a beautiful campsite today that we would not have stayed had we rode the distanced planned! It has great views and nice people running it plus farm animals like chickens and sheep. I have decided that sheep are rather stupid animals but they are cute to look at. I also like how the BAAAAA, which is proven by the fact that my cell phone ring town is a BAAAAA, but hearing real sheep that are almost from Wales is especially nice.

Tomorrow we will BE in Wales! Hopefully the weather will hold, but it is Wales so who knows?

Leo clowning around at the statue of the Pomp and Circumstance composer I discussed above. Its an amazing likeness dont you think?
Heart 0 Comment 0
Me clowning around at the Hereford cathedral...
Heart 0 Comment 0
Sheep. Cute and wooly but not very bright.
Heart 0 Comment 0
What? Sign along the side of the road.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Hereford architecture
Heart 0 Comment 0
Interesting interpretive sign in the town center of Hereford. They seem obsessed with toilet locations?
Heart 0 Comment 0
Whoever put up this sign cant seem to make up their mind where Clifford is?
Heart 0 Comment 0
Our tents at the campground
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 41 miles (66 km)
Total: 659 miles (1,061 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0