Day 83 - a day off in Portland, OR - Can('t) Hurt Me - CycleBlaze

August 4, 2021

Day 83 - a day off in Portland, OR

Big city life

Today we were going to mostly hang out in the Multnomah village but Chris offered to take us into downtown when he ran an errand. We took the ride and went to Powell's book store, sisters coffee shop to write some post cards, and a few other stores. We had a vegan pizza and just walked around alot. We aren't big city people, so although Portland was awesome, we were ready to go back to the smaller neighborhoods in the outskirts. I had some trouble figuring out the bus system, as is customary for me, but the drivers were really helpful and friendly. It was very different from other cities where they just ignore you and mumble yell. The town is very walk and bike friendly, but nothing can beat Missoula or Eugene for those categories, but maybe because those are both smaller towns. We finally got on the right bus to get back to our hosts house and they were getting ready to go to a picnic. We made some dinner and went to bed early. Even before Chris and Rosemary were home. They are very active and seem to have more energy than us! 

I've also had the Portlandia intro song stuck in my head this whole time (feel it all around by washed out)

I've seen this in the intro for Portlandia...
Heart 1 Comment 0
Pretty cool downtown area
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 4
Comment on this entry Comment 0