More to explore: Starting the Leelanau Peninsula - Summer Adventure 2011 - CycleBlaze

August 7, 2011

More to explore: Starting the Leelanau Peninsula

Kim writes:

Many thanks to our warmshower hosts in Traverse City, MI -- Bob and Laura, along with their youngest daughter, Julia, and their ever-lovable laborador retriver, Jac (age 13!). A wonderful stay last night and fabulous breakfast of pancakes, sausage, fresh fruit, yogurt, and juice this morning. Best wishes to Bob and Laura on their upcoming tour too!

Our hosts, the Otwells
Heart 0 Comment 0
Another way to say gravel
Heart 0 Comment 0

Nice ride this afternoon with a stop tonight at Wild Cherry campground in Lake Leelanau. They have the coolest portable shower setup I've ever seen.....it's a Cabela's shower stall with an on-demand hot water arrangement that uses a small propane tank and some kind of control box. Clever engineering.

Plenty of hot water!!
Heart 0 Comment 0

John writes:

After a very healthy breakfast - courtesy of the Otwells - Kim and I hopped onto M22 north. Following a beautiful pedal along Lake Michigan, we caught the early bird dinner special (just like two old farts) at the North Country Grill and Pub in Suttons Bay. Then we turned west and pedaled uphill to tonight's campsite.

We had John's early birthday dinner here -- yum!
Heart 0 Comment 0
A nice, secluded spot in the primitive section of Wild Cherry RV Resort
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 23 miles (37 km)
Total: 885 miles (1,424 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0