Menominee County to Delta County: Escanaba, MI - Summer Adventure 2011 - CycleBlaze

July 15, 2011

Menominee County to Delta County: Escanaba, MI

Kim writes:

How about this... we are now at exactly 400 total miles. Tomorrow is a rest day to catch up on laundry, the journal, and for food resupply.

John writes:

This morning, Kim and I departed the mysterious world of the "RV People" staying in Kleinke Park. We tried to find a backroads route for the day, but a "Pavement Ends" sign forced us to abort and return to Michigan State Route 35 North. So we pedaled most of the day in single file on a narrow shoulder, listening to the bump-bump-bump-bump of motorists crossing left over the centerline rumble strips to give us some room.

With Lake Michigan on our right and the sun overhead, we took a late lunch break to dine on a to-go order of turkey wraps eaten picnic style in the grass under a tree in O.B. Fuller County Park. God, I love my life! Kim said that I fell asleep for a little while after lunch, but I don't believe her.

For today's picnic lunch
Heart 0 Comment 0

From there we pedaled on to Escanaba, Michigan, and got a room at a mom-n-pop motel called the Hiawatha. Kim is soooooo cool to not mind staying in places like this when we aren't camping. Anyway, we got the room intending to take tomorrow as a rest day, do laundry, and catch up on our journal. While Kim puttered around the room, I ordered Chinese, and then we called it a day.

Today's ride: 46 miles (74 km)
Total: 399 miles (642 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0