Into Munising: Ready to play tourist - Summer Adventure 2011 - CycleBlaze

July 19, 2011

Into Munising: Ready to play tourist

Kim writes:

Nice short day today. What a fun donwhill into Munising! I love that part. The ride in on H13 wasn't all that exciting but it's great to be back in lodging, and the weather has cooled back down for the evening. Yaaayyy!

Enjoyable boat tour of Pictured Rocks along Lake Superior (water temperature = 47 degrees....brrrr!!) late this afternoon, followed by a salad and glass of wine. Life is great.

Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore Lake Superior Munising, MI
Heart 0 Comment 0
Along the way
Heart 0 Comment 0
One of many waterfalls along this shoreline
Heart 0 Comment 0
See the tree
Heart 0 Comment 0

John writes:

I slept great last night, considering the fact that my end-of-the-day shower involved a garden hose and cold water. In fact, I woke up this morning with the sexy sheen of "OFF" glistening upon my skin. And it was a good thing too. I swear that I will never figure out how those mosquitoes are getting into Kim's tent.

After packing up our free camp site, Kim and I bid adieu to the folks at the Midway General Store. We pedaled the remaining distance to the north side of the Hiawatha National Forest, and quickly emerged back into society onto very busy Michigan State Routes 94 and 28.

Then we pedaled into our next tourist destination: Munising, Michigan, on Lake Superior, and stopped at the visitor's center. After taking a real shower - ahhhhhhh - Kim and I did a very touristy thing and went on a three hour boat tour of Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore.

Lighthouse in schoolhouse architecture
Heart 0 Comment 0
Such a cool place
Heart 0 Comment 0
Loved the colors
Heart 0 Comment 0
Miner's Castle
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 19 miles (31 km)
Total: 472 miles (760 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0