Happy birthday, John: Keep on pedaling! - Summer Adventure 2011 - CycleBlaze

August 8, 2011

Happy birthday, John: Keep on pedaling!

Kim writes:

Great lunch stop today in Glen Arbor for John's birthday. It was surprising to see so many kayaks and canoes on a Monday afternoon!

Today's one-hour dune climb was in additon to the 39 miles of cycling. Felt like we must have ridden 60 miles instead.

On the way down
Heart 0 Comment 0

Finally settled into tonight's campsite and the fire is fantastic, as always.

Happy birthday to John once again!

John writes:

Man, I am dead tired. Today started with Kim's oatmeal and our departure of the Wild Cherry RV Resort. We pedaled to Glen Arbor on an absolutely perfect M22 except for one thing - a nonexistent shoulder. There we ate a healthy lunch at Johnny's Riverside Pizzeria, despite the obnoxious, dysfunctional family of tourists who happened to be ordering at the same time. Classic ugly American!

Kim and I pedaled on to Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore, where we did the dune climb with a herd of kids. Afterwards, upon learning that both campgrounds were full, we returned to M22 south and continued to Empire. We formulated a gameplan while eating at the Village Inn, and ended up five miles west of town at the Empire County Public Campground - setting up in the dark.

Another hilly part of the world
Heart 0 Comment 0
On the Dune Trail
Heart 0 Comment 0
Looking back across
Heart 0 Comment 0
John looking back
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 39 miles (63 km)
Total: 924 miles (1,487 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0