From Grand Marias to Seney, MI - Summer Adventure 2011 - CycleBlaze

July 23, 2011

From Grand Marias to Seney, MI

Kim writes:

Needing very badly to pump our tires back up to the recommended pressure, we cycled out to Sunset Cabins after breakfast. The owner is an avid cyclist and he had said we could come by to use his floor pump. I'm told that my Topeak Road Morph G will reach the 110 psi we need, but this seemed to be more of a sure thing. Thank you!

Our picnic lunch in a shade tree on the side of the road was a welcome break during today's ride.

Since our mileage total is now over 550, that would mean we're well into the second half of the tour. Maybe we'll end up reaching 1000 instead of the 700-900 we originally expected.

We've connected with our Warmshowers hosts for tomorrow night, and possibly two nights. The live in McMillan, MI and we're looking forward to meeting them.

John writes:

This morning started with Kim and me pedaling out to "downtown" Grand Marais to eat breakfast at the Sportsmen's Inn. While out in town, we also did a bunch of errands - air in the tires, the Post Office, an Outfitter, and the grocery store for fruit and today's lunch. Thus, by the time we packed up and departed Woodland, it was 1:00 p.m.

Of course, M77 south out of Grand Marais had a HUGE hill and we we both had to push our bicycles. Then - eight miles out of Grand Marais - I discovered proof of Big Foot, with mysterious foot prints cutting across M77.

See?
Heart 0 Comment 0

Three hours later, we arrived into Seney and got a room at the Fox River Motel because there's a 60% chance of rain tonight. After catching up on our journal and e-mail, the only place to eat tonight is Andy's Bar. That will certainly be healthy.

Another bar
Heart 0 Comment 0
Tonight's accommodation has a little kitchenette in the room, which means that we won't have to use the JetBoil for tomorrow morning's tea and oatmeal.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 30 miles (48 km)
Total: 553 miles (890 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0