Back on the road: Less intense climbs, thankfully - Summer Adventure 2011 - CycleBlaze

July 8, 2011

Back on the road: Less intense climbs, thankfully

Kim writes:

As it turns out, our Warmshowers hosts and I have many friends in common. All related to cycling, of course.

Doug and Pat, our Warmshowers hosts on Washington Island
Heart 0 Comment 0

Some foxes live on their property and last night Doug had imitated the "bark" they make. Well, this morning about 2:30, I was awakened by that exact sound. What a *very* strange noise indeed.

Heading back across the ferry from Washington Island, we connected with our Warmshowers host for Sunday evening.

As we passed this farm, people were starting to gather and a poster stating "Aminal Blessing Today" was hanging from a post. We pedaled on by, passing a farmer walking down the road. He invited us to come to the event and cookout, but I replied that we were too early.

Then a litte further up the road I spotted this sign on the property. All very interesting.

Holy cow!
Heart 0 Comment 0

Continuing along through the Door Peninsula towards our campsite for tonight.

To preserve land
Heart 0 Comment 0
John likes to use the entire road
Heart 1 Comment 0

John writes:

This morning our Warmshowers hosts took us to breakfast at Findlay's Holiday Inn - not associated with the national chain - and it was great. Later we departed for the Washington Island Ferry, and caught a ride back to the Door Peninsula. We pedaled most of the day; thus, we didn't stop until a late lunch at the Bailey's Harbor Fish Market and Grille.

Then we pedaled to Bailey's Grove, and snagged the last - repeat LAST - campsite yet again. After planning tomorrow's route and taking our showers, we relaxed by a magnificent fire until finally calling it a day. My supper tonight was two pieces of a veggie pizza that was delivered directly to our site at 9:15. Is this a great country or what?

Bailey's Grove
Heart 1 Comment 1
Charmaine RuppoltYou all were VERY lucky to get the last campsites in various places....!
Reply to this comment
10 months ago
Some llamas out in the country
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 32 miles (51 km)
Total: 185 miles (298 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0