Back in business: To Kingston Lake - Summer Adventure 2011 - CycleBlaze

July 21, 2011

Back in business: To Kingston Lake

Kim writes:

This was an interesting camping experience. A very quiet, rustic campsite. By rustic, that means no showers available. Fortunately the camp host told us that the lake temperature was 70 degrees so we rinsed off in there...that was fun!

Friendly visitor
Heart 0 Comment 0
Kingston Lake - so serene
Heart 0 Comment 0
Sunset
Heart 0 Comment 0

John writes:

Kim and I pigged out this morning at Sydney's for breakfast, then we packed up our exploded panniers once again and hit the road on H58 east out of Munising. Of course, it had a monstrous hill that I had to push my bike up for part of the way.

Inside the bar where we had lunch today
Heart 0 Comment 0

In the late afternoon, we pulled into Kingston Lake, a campground operated by the Michigan Department of Natural Resources with pit toilets, no showers, and water from a hand-pump that left an after-taste in your mouth. Can you believe that Kim is putting up with this crap? But in fact, she actually stated "All I want to do is ride my bike and camp."

Tonight's stop
Heart 0 Comment 0

Anyway, we got a camp site right on the lake's edge, so we indulged ourselves by jumping into the lake in our bicycle clothes. Tonight, Kim - the master chef - whipped up a meal of pre-packaged chicken-n-rice on her jet boil for supper. Since we had no wood, we didn't build a fire . . . so we just looked at the stars.

Using our back-up plan to fix chicken and rice when we aren't near any restauruants for dinner
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 31 miles (50 km)
Total: 503 miles (810 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0