Day 9- Devils Lake State Park to South Beach State Park - Jack and Janet -- Seattle to Monterey 2010 - CycleBlaze

August 21, 2010

Day 9- Devils Lake State Park to South Beach State Park

Sun! Oh Sun....we had sun in the morning for the first time on this trip! It is going to be a warm sunny ride. NOT the warm part. The wind came up and it was very very cool and the only good part was it was at our backs!! We had planned to get as far as Waldport about 15 more miles south but I wanted to have a sit down lunch not just a banana and peanut butter by the road. I was thinking a breakfast of eggs and sausage. We stopped at a little local place just after noon and they were not serving breakfast so we thought we would go to a place that does....well we missed it some how and next thing we know we are headed up the climb of the day. Turns out to be a bit more than we anticipated and was a good thing we didn't eat heavy --- would have never made it! 

When we got to Newport we found a restaurant had a big fish plate with Marion-berry Cobbler for desert! After that we decided to head for this park because we were sooooo full and the wind had become more intense. 

Guess we go back to bananas and p- butter tomorrow. We had another scary bridge today...this one had NO shoulder and tomorrow we have another tunnel! Everyone in camp tonight is pretty tired of the wind, cold and fog. One guy said it was the first sun he had seen in a month. We are all looking forward to just a happy medium of something. 

Heart 0 Comment 0

Heart 0 Comment 0

Heart 0 Comment 0

Newport..world Smallest Harbor
Heart 0 Comment 0

Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 30 miles (48 km)
Total: 373 miles (600 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0