Day 6 - 39 miles Warrenton, OR to Nehalem State Park - Jack and Janet -- Seattle to Monterey 2010 - CycleBlaze

August 18, 2010

Day 6 - 39 miles Warrenton, OR to Nehalem State Park

Today we were tourists. We had an easy ride to Seaside, OR which was a fun beach town full of lots of vacationers. It is where Louis & Clark ended their journey. After Seaside we then went to another beach town Cannon Beach. It too was very busy with end of summer travelers. We had fog early then beautiful sun and now it is a very thick fog drizzle at our camp. 

No big bridges today just a tunnel. I tried very hard all day to ride the white line but it nearly made me dizzy! The last 20 miles were a little more difficult. Three hills in all 200, 500 and the last was 700! The last two were over 7 1/2mi in length and once we gave up the high ground going down then back up. The view at the top was good thank heavens. 

Nice evening in camp. Another couple here and two brothers. The couple going to Marin, CA and the brothers ..one to SF and the other to Cabo. He writes travel articles and gets paid to do what he loves.

Wildflower of the day.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Sister City..Seaside, OR
Heart 1 Comment 0

You looking at me?
Heart 0 Comment 0

Now this is what we came to see!
Heart 1 Comment 0

That's it after 7.5 mi climb? Ok...it's all good!
Heart 0 Comment 0

Home sweet home!
Heart 0 Comment 0

Someone needed his own real pillow. No stuff bag for him!
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 39 miles (63 km)
Total: 262 miles (422 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 2
Comment on this entry Comment 0