Weather keeps us in Izumi - Six wheels through Japan - CycleBlaze

May 6, 2023

Weather keeps us in Izumi

The hotel has been around for some time and like us, its age is showing a bit. Nonetheless, we really like it here. They offer exceptional service and perks. Free laundry facilities including soap,  frig/microwave, cups and kettle and by the lobby they have an area where you can load up on any items you want for your stay…shampoo, body wash, coffee and tea fixings - for an inexpensive hotel, the options are generous. The staff are always trying to make your stay a better one.

 The first break in the weather will come on Monday so we are going to stay here until then. Today we have stayed cosy in our room. It is raining so hard that you can’t see much out the window. It could be worse. We could be riding.

Rain gear seems to be optional in Japan. Clearly an umbrella is all you need. Fun fact: it is not allowed to ride with an umbrella here, yet everybody does it. We are the strange ones wearing rain pants and gore Tex jackets.
Heart 1 Comment 1
Charmaine RuppoltAn umbrella helps SOME, but I would think the rest of your clothes would get wet....
Reply to this comment
5 months ago
Taking advantage of a day inside - we washed all of our clothes in the hotel’s complimentary machines.
Heart 1 Comment 0
There is a lending library on every floor of this hotel Manga graphic novels are extremely popular in Japan. There are series appropriate for every age group and interest from romances to Samurai legends.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Barry’s choice of the day.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Make sure you read from right to left or you’ll spoil the ending.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Laundry facilities are excellent.
Heart 2 Comment 1
Charmaine RuppoltWonderful that the laundry facilities were free!
Reply to this comment
5 months ago
The bar of complimentary toiletries, tea and coffee, razors, toothbrushes, hairbrushes, etc is extensive. Basically you fill up a provided basket of whatever you need or want. We were surprised at the high quality of the products. Essentially, if your travels were exclusively in hotels, you would not need to pack a toiletry bag.
Heart 2 Comment 0
Microwaves on every floor.
Heart 1 Comment 1
Charmaine RuppoltHow nice to have a microwave on every floor - not as handy as having it in your hotel room, but next best thing!
Reply to this comment
5 months ago
Earlier today the rain started to build. Now our view is blocked by the heavy rain and the whistling of the wind has become very loud. Glad we are comfy in our room.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Lunch from a little shop at the front desk and the beverages were from the the vending machine…actually quite good. The green tin is a strange concoction of melon cream with vanilla ice cream. Believe me, it actually tastes like an ice cream float. How do they do that? “It . has a sweet and sour taste that makes your body happy” and I quote the manufacturer, the producer of Asahi beer. We like that vending machines and food from the hotel,shop are not inflated and priced the same as convenience stores. Canada could learn from this. With respect and affection, Japan is a weird and wonderful place.
Heart 2 Comment 0
During our down time, we have been researching what the different convenience stores do well. We read about this chocolate log cake cut into thick slices. Well we tried it, and we liked it.
Heart 2 Comment 0
And here is the chocolate Mochi roll ready to be consumed. It did not disappoint.
Heart 2 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 5
Comment on this entry Comment 1
Jeanna & Kerry SmithIt sounds as if you have the perfect place to enjoy your rain delay. I have always loved the cozy feeling of being warm and dry inside and watching it storm outside. And, of course it helps to be so well fed!
Reply to this comment
11 months ago