Our group ride: Last ride in Italy - Italy and Spain - CycleBlaze

September 15, 2017

Our group ride: Last ride in Italy

For those of us who wanted to ride today I arranged a special group ride for our last. Some decided to take the day off and enjoy the resort and come to the special lunch before leaving tomorrow. Our guide Jean took us along several ridges that allowed us to enjoy some beautiful views of the Italian countryside. After coffee in San Clemente we met up with the other groups at the Muretti Agritourismo for a wine, appies and lunch. It was as usual delicious. We had a very gentle 13km back to the hotel just before the heavens opened. Bike packing is done and we will be on the 10AM train to Bologna for a day before flying to Spain.

Our group on the pool bridge before we started.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Jean giving instructions about the ride.
Heart 0 Comment 0
A view of the countryside from the ridge including the ever present San Marino in the distance.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Yvonne beating Ham and Kim up the hill.
Heart 0 Comment 0
A special day and trip for a mother and daughter.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The wine and appie tasting.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The location for all of the events.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Guide Paulo entertaining the group.
Heart 0 Comment 0
More at lunch.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Clearly the boys can't handle the Sisters of No Mercy.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The group at the end of the day at the beach. Note the angry sky, we just beat a downpour.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The rainbow after the storm.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The famous paella for dinner.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Patti found this lovely maple leaf on her beach walk the day after we had visited the war graves cemetery. A fitting way to end our visit to an area liberated by Canadians in WWII.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 50 km (31 miles)
Total: 819 km (509 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0