Olot: It should have been A Lot! - Italy and Spain - CycleBlaze

September 22, 2017

Olot: It should have been A Lot!

It was supposed to be a 110km ride but after some wandering around and course corrections with the GPS we ended up with 124km and 4200' of climbing by my Garmin. Patti now calls the GPS the Guess Pedal Search device. There was lots of climbing but none that steep and we had some lovely downhill rides, funny how they are always faster. There was a very nice section through farm country where there was almost no traffic but we had no idea where we were. In the end Girona appeared and just ahead id some rain. A nice focaccia sandwich and a beer and I am good to go. For dinner tonight at 8:30PM when the restaurant opened we had a lovely steak, just what we needed after a hard ride.

Today's ride before the extra bits.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Bicycle parking at breakfast at La Fabrica.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Amber preparing oatmeal and coffee.
Heart 0 Comment 0
A view of the valley through which we rode.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The clock tower in the centre of Olot.
Heart 0 Comment 0
A lovely old farm house on the way back.
Heart 0 Comment 0
A view from a distance.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Patti's photo of her bike against a bridge from the XII century.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Sunflower photos have become a staple on my Europe trips.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Standing in front of Lake Banyoles the of the 1992 Barcelona Olympic rowing where Cdn rowers did very well including Silken Laumann's bronze medal after the nasty accident that made a mess of her leg.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The fountain tonight in Catalonia square very near our flat.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 124 km (77 miles)
Total: 1,086 km (674 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0