Off to Girona: An off season training location for pro cyclists - Italy and Spain - CycleBlaze

September 18, 2017

Off to Girona: An off season training location for pro cyclists

After doing some research we discovered that it was cheaper and easier to rent a car for a week than to shlep bike boxes on and off the train etc. We rented a car big enough for the 2 of us, our luggage and the bike boxes for 8 days for only 81€, however the parking here costs almost as much as the rental. We arrived mid afternoon in Girona to get our flat but there was a bit of a mix up so after 2 hours we finally got the keys. It is just what we need and close to the old town. We found the bike shop and discussed ride options that we now have to figure out. There is a group ride Thursday that we will join but other than that we will be on our own. We plan to ride 4-5 times but leave a few rest/touring days including a trip to the coast since we have a car.

Our flat in Girona. Two bedroom and two baths.
Heart 0 Comment 0
There is an illegal referendum here on 1 Oct to decide if Catalonia should separate from the rest of Spain. The Si vote is to separate.
Heart 0 Comment 0
More about the referendum.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Patti in a cafe having a glass of wine.
Heart 0 Comment 0
One pedestrian street in Girona.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Multiple varieties of ham are ubiquitous in Italy and Spain.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Ham, ham and more ham.
Heart 0 Comment 0
A view of old Girona just up the street from our flat.
Heart 1 Comment 0
A panorama of both sides of the river.
Heart 1 Comment 0
A view at sunset.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0