Off to Brunloya: But never got there - Italy and Spain - CycleBlaze

September 20, 2017

Off to Brunloya: But never got there

Despite the best laid plans and thinking that I had figured out the GPS device we still went awry. I missed one turn and the whole ride went for s*+t. We had a lovely ride but it turned out to be an out and back and over the same climb twice. Once we found the correct route we had already done 60km and it would have been 50+ more to do it correctly so we opted to just ride back to Girona giving us a total of 80km. The ride had some gentle climbing and was generally through a valley surrounded by extinct volcanoes. Despite missing the turn we passed by some lovely villages and landmarks. After a shower and lunch we wandered the old town including the walk along the walls.

Patti waiting for a pro peloton to catch up. We heard at least 3 languages among this group.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The valley with the volcanic hillside in the background.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Another shot on the road.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Here is where we were.
Heart 0 Comment 0
One of the old stone churches enroute.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The shop with which we have been dealing is called Bike Breaks, here is their jersey.
Heart 0 Comment 0
A view of Girona from the walk along the wall.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The cathedral from the wall walk.
Heart 0 Comment 0
A local wine store from where we bought a rosé wine.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Dinner location tonight, I think that we were early.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Dusk in Girona tonight.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The cathedral in Girona
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 80 km (50 miles)
Total: 962 km (597 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0