A short day: Lake Varese - Italy and Spain - CycleBlaze

September 4, 2017

A short day: Lake Varese

Although today was much shorter it still had some climbs and beautiful scenery. We stopped at a view point to take in Lake Varese which is near to the town in which we are staying. After the stop we cruised up and down the hills around Parco Campo dei Fiori the highest point in the immediate area. At the end of the day some of our group (not me) decided to tackle the 9km climb that averaged 9% to the top while the rest of us went back for an early shower. After a small lunch we drove back to Lake Maggiore hoping to cruise the lake but our time was too short so we sat by the lake and enjoyed a beverage instead. Now I am enjoying a glass of Cloudy Bay Sauvignon Blanc a birthday present from my Kiwi firiends. Tomorrow we cross into Switzerland.

A panorama of Lake Varese.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Snacks and coffee.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Ron and Carol riding through a village.
Heart 0 Comment 0
A shrine to cyclists at the top of a climb.
Heart 0 Comment 0
What way do we go now?
Heart 0 Comment 0
Sara my Kiwi friend and I riding through a small village.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heading back to our hotel riding in the bus lane which is completely legal here even the wrong way on one way streets but you can end up with a bus on your butt.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Enjoying a beer in Luino overlooking Lake Maggiore.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 50 km (31 miles)
Total: 152 km (94 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0