3 tough climbs: Rewarded with chocolate - Italy and Spain - CycleBlaze

September 6, 2017

3 tough climbs: Rewarded with chocolate

Six of us tackled three hills today with the middle one being a bit of a beast. Overall we rode 68km and 5000' of climbing. The middle climb was about 10km long with most of it between 9-13%. It was one tough climb. Sadly the descent was also steep on poor roads so our arms were just as tired from all of the breaking. We even stopped twice to cool off the rims of our wheels. The reward at the end was a visit to the Lindt chocolate factory outlet not to mention a couple of beers.

Twice today we had a very nice section along bike path so no cars.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Goats 🐐 so I was happy.
Heart 0 Comment 0
My steed at the top of the tough climb against a lovely rock wall out of which were growing some nice flowers.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Lunch at the Chapel of St Michael at the top of the tough climb. This chapel was built in the 10th and 11th century and has some preserved frescos on the inside.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Resting and stretching after the climb.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Diane and Maureen ahead of me as usual on the last climb d the day.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Maureen doing some serious chocolate shopping at the Lindt factory outlet.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The girls with our purchases of chocolate.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Today's profile. The tough climb was obviously the one in the middle.
Heart 0 Comment 0
At the top with Patti, Ham and Sara.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Riding through the narrow streets of a small town.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The chocolate Sherpa. There must have been 10lbs in the back pack borrowed from our guide Stefano.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 68 km (42 miles)
Total: 306 km (190 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0