3 lakes of a different sort: Maggiore, Lugano and Ghirla - Italy and Spain - CycleBlaze

September 3, 2017

3 lakes of a different sort: Maggiore, Lugano and Ghirla

Today was our first ride and it started with a bang, 102km. My Garmin showed 3690' of climbing but other devices showed more. We passed 3 lakes on our journey with Maggiore and Lugano being the biggest and the smallest being Ghirla. We also rode very close to the Swiss border something we will cross in the coming days. Everyone in our group had a good ride and we are all getting along famously. The hotel is providing a wonderful breakfast and sending us off each day with a sandwich, protein bar and a banana. When we return there is a small meal followed by dinner at a local restaurant.

A quick stop this morning at the Varese city gardens.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Another view of the gardens and its fountain.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The trace of our route from the Relive app.
Heart 0 Comment 0
A panorama of Laverno and Lake Maggiore. The snow capped mountain in the distance is Monte Rosa.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Me high above Lake Maggiore.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Gelato for lunch in Luino.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Maureen deep in conversation with our guide Stefano
Heart 0 Comment 0
After a 3.2km climb we had a great view of Lake Lugano and the town of Ponte Teresa. The far side of the lake is Switzerland.
Heart 1 Comment 0
The cyclists fountain locate behind the tree.
Heart 0 Comment 0
This painting depicts 4 famous Italian cyclists.
Heart 0 Comment 0
A view on the road around the lake.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 102 km (63 miles)
Total: 102 km (63 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0